Monday, April 16, 2012

Guest Post: Fast Food Temptation

This is our first guest post, and I'm so excited! Jeremy Pittman and his family have been trying to make healthier choices, and he posted this encounter last week on Facebook. I couldn't resist including it here, because it marks that moment of choice we all face: Will we choose what's easy, or will we choose what's best for those we love?



Fast Food Temptation

by Jeremy Pittman

Last weekend, I was tempted to pull into a well-known fast food restaurant which my daughter says is her favorite (though she hasn't eaten there in 6 months) because we were all hungry and well, quite frankly, it was there. The restaurant is well-known to offer primarily unhealthy food products. As I was about to pull into the ridiculously complicated entrance/exit, I made a choice.  It was the point of no return.

I chose to drive-by, instead of drive-thru. Prompting the question (somewhat disgruntled) from my wife, "OK...where are we going to eat?" (Surely, you are familiar with the "I don't know, where do you want to eat?" conversation.) I said, "I don't know, but not there. I'm just not feeding that to our family. We said we're going to choose better, so here we go." It took only moments to realize that we were going to make a trip to the grocery store after dinner anyway. "Why don't we just go to the store?  We can each pick a piece of fresh fruit, get some "real" cheese, crackers, milk, whatever..." The store was just around the corner, so that's exactly what we did. Milk, pears, plums, apples, mozzarella cheese, etc.  It took about the same amount of time and we spent less...not to mention the savings in fat grams, calories, etc. and addition of nutrients in the food products. We even saw a dear friend, Bill Lovell, that we had not seen in some time.

So, here we go!




RealEstatePhotoShoot 062-compressed
Jeremy Pittman, REALTOR®, ABR®, CTG
615-469-1412 direct
615-690-8951 fax
Jeremy@FindHomesInMetroNashville.com
www.FindHomesInMetroNashville.com

Keller Williams® Realty
5083 Main Street
Spring Hill, TN  37174
615-302-4242
Each office is independently owned and operated.

No comments:

Post a Comment