Wednesday, July 25, 2012

...And Another Burger!

Recently, I published recipes for some delicious burgers. I'd like to follow up today with one more delicious burger recipe.

When I was growing up, I had a friend whose parents ran a truck stop. At this truck stop, they served pizza burgers. I thought these burgers were the most delicious thing in the world! I loved how I would bite into my normal looking burger and discover pizza sauce and a slice of melty mozzarella cheese inside.

These burgers remind me a little of those pizza burgers. They don't have a hidden pocket of sauce inside, but they definitely have some delicious pizza undertones.

Deluxe Cheeseburgers

Adapted from Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious.

Ingredients:
1 egg
6 oz. tomato paste
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 pounds ground beef
8 slices mozzarella cheese
8 slices Ezekiel bread

Directions:
Combine the first 8 ingredients, then mix together with the ground beef. Shape into 8 patties and cook on the grill over medium heat, flipping once, until desired tenderness. Meanwhile, toast your slices of Ezekiel bread.

Place a slice of mozzarella cheese over each burger and cook for a couple of additional minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Serve openfaced on top of a toasted slice of Ezekiel bread.

For an even more pizza-like experience, consider spreading pizza sauce over your toasted Ezekiel bread, then adding the burger and unmelted cheese. Bake at 425 degrees until the cheese begins to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment