Monday, August 6, 2012

Beef Tips...Revisited

One of my first blog posts was a recipe for beef tips--a slow cooker recipe that was easy and, well, unrefined! When I adapted the recipe from Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious, I had to leave out the canned cream of chicken soup. I had no idea at the time that it was so easy to make cream of chicken soup, so I just left it out! The beef tips made from the earlier posted recipe taste fine, but... if you add some homemade cream of chicken soup to them, they're even better! So, I wanted to repost about the beef tips, giving an updated recipe.

Beef Tips


Ingredients:
1 pound beef sirloin tips, cut into 1 inch cubes (I also use different cuts of beef)
2-3 medium carrots, chopped
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 recipe cream of chicken soup
1 cup beef or chicken broth

Mix all of the ingredients together in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until the meat is tender. Serve over 100% whole wheat egg noodles, spaghetti noodles, or faux-tatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment