Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween "Treats"

Am I the only one who walks through the grocery store cringing at the amount of candy lining ENTIRE AISLES for Halloween? Am I the only one who looks at the price and says, "No way am I paying that much      for pure junk!"? Some of these bags of candy top the $10 mark. For a bag of candy!!

I am not going to tell my kids they can't have any candy for Halloween. It's a special occasion. I get it.

I will, however, try to make this night fun for them in some additional ways that don't focus completely on candy. I also want to hand out some alternative treats to the little people who ring my doorbell. We've actually done this quite a bit in the past few years, and the kids really enjoyed getting something different.

If you haven't already gone out and bought your candy stash, here are some alternative "treats" that won't break the bank:

* Glow bracelets.
* Mini tubs of Play Doh.
* Cheap trinkets, like plastic/rubber animals, spider rings, etc.
* Stickers or tattoos
* Pencils
*Check out the party aisles for individual sized bottles of bubbles, cheap toys, etc.

You might also want to check out the book, Redeeming Halloween. It gives some great alternative (and super fun!) ways to celebrate without participating in all the creepiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment