Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Finding Recipes

So, where does a family go to find quality recipes that don't use a bunch of refined ingredients, harmful oils, and sugars? Today, I want to share with you my list of "go-to" places where I search to find great recipes for our families.

1. Maximized Living blog: I don't like everything on here--some recipes, I don't like at all, but I have definitely found some jewels that have become staples around here.

2. Mark's Daily Apple: There is a plethora of information on this website! I don't agree with all of the philosophies and beliefs of the author, but he does have some great recipes and information.

3. 100 Days of Real Food: If you're going gluten free, this is probably not the website for you--she uses a lot of 100% whole wheat flour in her recipes, but she has found a lot of homemade alternatives to food we used to rely on buying packaged. She also has a lot of kid-friendly recipes, and she avoids refined foods and bad oils.

4. Simply Sugar and Gluten Free: Simply said. Check it out!

5. Healing Cuisine with Elise: I just discovered this website. Great recipes!

In addition to these great websites, I've found some great cookbooks that have helped a ton:

Simply Sugar and Gluten Free by Amy Green

The Bread Beckers, Inc. (available at www.breadbeckers.com)

Maximized Living Nutrition Plans (available at 180 Chiro or other Maximized Living providers)

Cruise Ship or Nursing Home? (also available at 180 Chiro or other Maximized Living providers)

In addition to these great resources, I've also gained several great recipes from 180 Chiro's Recipe Nights. These are free events where you can sample several recipes, gain valuable information about making better nutritional choices, and take home some new recipes to try!

The next Recipe Night is Monday, Oct. 1, 6:00 p.m. at 180 Chiro (4091 Mallory Lane, Suite 114, Franklin, TN). My family will be there, and I hope you will join us for some delicious food and beneficial information!

Please contact 180 Chiro at 615-595-9063 or info@180chiro.com for more information, or to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment